Thursday, October 21, 2010

MISHEGOS ON THE GRASS, ALAS

What if we all just wrote like Gertrude Stein meaning no punctuation meaning no syntax meaning no sin tax meaning no meaning no no no no just say no just say read my lips no new syntax thats not what I mean I mean I mean I mean who is really running things in the world anyhow (and no its not them even tho everybody thinks its them and even tho some of them think its them but its not them) and why is everybody so angry at everybody else constantly cant we all just get along do you suppose do you suppose that the United Nations Human Rights Council could print up some more of those elegant little cocktail napkins that even Picasso might have been interested in collecting had he not been preoccupied with schtupping everybody all the time just to impress Modigliani and while we're not on the subject of anything why why why pray tell would anyone in Azerbaijan or Iran or Slovenia or Zimbabwe or Slovenia or Latvia or Kazakhstan or Yemen ever read any of this because because because because because because of the wonderful things we write about kasha(?) and yet the statistics don't lie people do and believe it or not somebody with an Azeri-Yiddish dictionary is this very minute looking up "schtupp" so as to get that extra ethnic edge in next week's scheduled stand-up routine at the Baku House of RAOTFALMAO where a very famous person never appeared once and said "Ich bin ein Irving Berliner and I got to be driftin along" so long its been good to know you Commie Red red rover red rover send Woodie Guthrie right over the rainbow where men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses you're not at the Algonquin Round Table anymore Dorothy Rothschild Great Scott F. Scott Scott ® Tissues yes they have a Website and we visited it so whats your point exactly beam me aboard Scotty humming all the way humming along the Heming Way brought to you by the Recovery and Reinvestment Act your age and never question authority in fact grovel before it and now a word from our sponsors -- Luddite -- why not its a perfectly serviceable word and it has 2 ds in it and besides Alice likes it.

YES ON 19

18 comments:

  1. Juan Williams was railroaded!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Agree with No. 1. Juan Williams was railroaded.

    Who is Juan Williams?

    ReplyDelete
  3. NPR should be ashamed of themselves. Once I thought about giving money to them, but now I'm going to think about something else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I were Juan Williams, I'd sue somebody. Not NPR, though, because they don't have any money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will somebody PLEASE tell me who Juan Williams is?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Juan Williams is the guy who worote the musical scores for the Star Wars movies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To the last poster, I think you meant JOHN Williams.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't mean JOHN Williams. I meant Juan WILLIAMS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. From now on, I'm going to ask NPR and JOHN Williams to give ME money, instead of the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know what NPR is. I don't know who Juan Williams is. I don't care. But I want them both to give me money.

    ReplyDelete
  11. NPR stands for "National Public Radio," and why the hell should it give you any money? Can't you print your own money?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What does any of this have to do with Gertrude Stein?

    ReplyDelete
  13. What are you agreeing with?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with whatever the majority thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Juan WILLIAMS for President!

    Anonymous for Vice President!

    John Williams for head of NPR!

    !!!

    !!

    !

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I get nervous when I see myself in the mirror.

    ReplyDelete