Friday, July 9, 2010

EVERYBODY IS THE STAR OF THE MOVIE OF THEIR OWN LIFE, EXCEPT FOR ME -- I'M JUST THE ASSISTANT GRIP (2ND UNIT) AND ALSO ADJUNCT SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO MR. DECAPRIO, WHICH MOSTLY INVOLVES RUNNING AROUND GETTING COFFEE AND A CERTAIN KIND OF SCHWARMA THAT ISN'T AVAILABLE IN HOLLYWOOD (LEGALLY) BECAUSE OF A CONFLICT BETWEEN SHECHITA, THE CHARTER OF THE ASPCA, AND THE SANITATION CODE OR SOME SUCH (HEY, THANKS FOR NOTHING UPTON SINCLAIR!)

____________________________________
Hello, I'd like to speak to Benjamin the Clown. Is this Benjamin the Clown?
----
Uh, no, this is a law firm...
...
...
...
Hello, are you there?
----
I'd like to speak to Benjamin the Clown.
---
As I said, this is a law firm.
I don't believe Benjamin the Clown has had this telephone number for many years and a day.
----

Can you give him a message for me?
----
Excuse me?
---
I want to know if he's available for my son's bar mitzvah in two weeks.
---
No, I don't think you understand.
Benjamin the Clown is not affiliated with this firm.
---
Well, can't you give him a message?
---
How can I give him a message if I don't know where he is?
---
But this is his number.
----
Who?  Whose number?
----
Benjamin the Clown.  This is his number.
----
How could it be Benjamin the Clown's number when it's my number?
----
That's what I'm asking you.
---
Listen, Sir.  Benjamin the Clown is not here.
---
If he's not there, why are you answering his phone?
---
I'm not answering his phone.
I'm answering my phone.
---
And you can't give him a message for me?
---
No.
No, I can't.
---
Oh.
---
Was there anything else?
---
Well, uhmm, are you available in two weeks?
---
Available for what?
---
My son's bar mitzvah.
---
What do you mean "available?"
What do you need?
---
Can you do tumbling and make balloon animals?
---
No.
---
Well, what can you do?
---
Mostly just talk on the phone.
---
That's it?
---
and write letters.

---
And?
---
And what?
---
What else can you do? 
--- 
Well, I changed the water cooler jug today by myself.
----
Oh, that could be good.
---
That you like?
---
Yeah, let's book it.
---
Hold on a second. I...

---
Oh, don't worry.
I'm not going to tell Benjamin the Clown.
You won't have to split the fee with him.
---
Finally, you're saying something that makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment