Sunday, August 23, 2009

Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream

Dr. Feinberg says I should write down my dreams and keep kind of a diary and I said why? and he said because it will help figure out what's going on inside etc. or something and I said OK so here goes. last night I dreamed I was in the subway waiting for the D train but it never came. Then I woke up.

Day 2

I dreamed I was waiting for the D train again. First a C train came and, as it pulled into the station there was a woman on it who sort of sneered at me. Then an B train came. And the same woman was on that train! She was sort of scowling at me. The D train never came. Then I woke up.

Day 3

I was in the station waiting for the D train for a very long time. Finally it arrived. As I got on the train I noticed that the woman from the other dreams was driving the train. She looked at me and said sorry this isn't a D train any more it's going out of service you have to get off now. I got off the train and then I realized that I was the only one who got off. All the other passengers stayed on the train and the woman driver just laughed at me as she drove the train out of the station. Then I woke up.

Day 4

Dr. Feinberg says why am I always dreaming about being in the subway which is strange when most people want to dream about flying which is the opposite of being in the subway and I should try some exercises to help me dream about flying which he gave me so I said OK and I did the exercises. Then I had a dream. I dreamed I was on the D train and I saw the woman from the other dreams and I walked up to her and I said you are the woman of my dreams and she said leave me alone or I will call the police--wait a minute -- did I dream that or did that really happen? OK wait that really happened. That wasn't a dream.

Day 5

Dr. Feinberg says keep trying with the exercises I am making progress to which I said how can I be making progress when I can't even get out of the stupid subway in my dreams and he said be patient and I said I already am your patient and then I laughed and said get it? It's a joke. But he didn't think it was funny.

Day 6

I dreamed I was on the D train and it was crowded and I couldn't get a seat and even all the pull straps were occupied so I walked to the front of the car and I saw the woman from the other dreams driving the train and I said how about giving up your seat and she said OK why don't you drive the train then? So I was driving the train, and I kept jamming on the brakes because it was fun to watch all the people slip and fall when the car jerked but the woman never fell down. Then I woke up. Dr. Feinberg thinks I'm on the verge of a breakthrough.

Day 7

Breakthrough! Last night I dreamed I was at the airport and I was waiting to get on a plane to fly! fly! fly! someplace exciting! Then they made a boarding announcement and we all got on the plane and strapped into our seats. Then the plane started to move and we taxied out to the runway. Then we stopped in the middle of the runway. Suddenly the cockpit door flew open and the woman from the other dreams walked out of it and she was the pilot and she walked up to me and said we can't take off because they forgot to put enough gas in the plane and so we have to return to the terminal but first we will have to sit on the runway for 9 hours and no, there aren't any snacks. Then I woke up. Dr. Feinberg said well maybe you (meaning me) didn't fly but at least the cockpit door flew open. I am thinking about switching doctors.

No comments:

Post a Comment