Tuesday, December 21, 2010

YOU HAVE RECEIVED AN E-VITE: IT'S ALL DOWNHILL FROM HERE

WHAT? --  A  Party!

WHERE? -- Our House

WHEN? -- Friday

WHY? -- Why not?

WHO'S COMING (and what are they bringing)?

THE HOST (You) (1) (bringing chips 'n dip)

Plus:

--------------------------------------------------

Megafool (1) -- YES (bringing nachos)

Hoo Ha Guy (?) -- Maybe, Maybe not

Hubba Hubba (1) -- YES  (bringing nachos)

Captain Renault (4) -- YES + 3 lady friends (bringing nachos)

Major Strasser (1) -- YES (bringing nachos)

Megafool Edited Response: Can't anybody read?  I already said I was bringing nachos!  Bring something else!

Funk (2) YES + a mystery guest (bringing nachos)

Ampersand (1) YES (bringing nachos)

Wagnalls (1)  YES (bringing nachos)

Megafool Edited Response: Hey!  C'mon, now!

Jasper (1) YES (bringing dip)

Jasperella (2) YES + a guest (bringing nachos)

Jasper Edited Response: I can't believe you invited Jasperella after what happened.  I guess I have to change my response to "No."

Jasperella Edited Response: Obviously, if I had seen that Jasper was invited, I would have responded "No." Why would you invite Jasper?

Jasper Edited Response: Jasperella really has some nerve. I can't believe she would even think of coming. And to bring a "guest!"  Knowing that I was going to be there! Boy, it didn't take long, did it, Jasperella!?

Jasperella Edited Response: Jasper can't be serious,  He just can't be serious!

Jasper Edited Response: Jasperella, maybe we should take this conversation off line.

Jasperella Edited Response: Anytime!  Call me, if you dare!

Megafool Edited Response:  If Jasperella isn't coming, maybe I'll stay home.

Cat Ballou (1)  YES  (bringing nachos).

Jasper Edited Response: Why does Megafool care whether Jasperella is coming?  What business is it of his?

Jasperella Edited Response:  Mind your own business, Jasper.

Hubba Hubba Edited Response:  All of this acrimony is giving me an ulcer.  I'd rather not come.

Jasper Edited Response: And another thing; what kind of a stupid name is "Megafool?"

Cat Ballou Edited Response: If Hubba Hubba isn't coming, there may not be enough nachos.  I don't think I could handle that.  Change my response to "No."

Funk Edited Response: Changed my mind.  Not coming.  Not bringing nachos.

Ampersand Edited Response: Regrettably, the stores are sold out of nachos.  I shall not be able to attend.

Wagnalls Edited Response: I thought of it first, but my computer froze, so I was unable to post this edited reply before the others, but I have decided to change my response to "No," and I am decidedly not bringing nachos.

Ilsa:  (1) YES  (bringing nachos)

Rick Blaine (0) NO -- And it doesn't take a genius to see that the problems of two little people don't amount to a hill of bean dip in this crazy, mixed-up world.

Victor Laszlo (0)  WHY is that Monsieur Blaine?

Rick Blaine Edited Response:  Ask your wife.

Victor Laszlo Edited Response:  Did you say, "Ask my wife?"

Rick Blaine Edited Response:  I said, "ask your wife."

 
You (the Host): I didn't invite Rick Blaine and Victor Laszlo. How did they crash this e-vite?

Ilsa Edited Response:  Oh, I don't know what to think, anymore; you'll have to do the thinking for both of us.

You (the Host):  Ilsa, if you don't come to the party, you'll regret it.  Maybe not today; maybe not tomorrow, but someday.  And you were, like, practically the only person left bringing nachos.


Hoo Ha Guy Edited Response: Did someone say "nachos?" Maybe I'll reconsider. 


Captain Renault Edited Response:  Major Strasser has been shot!  Less nachos for everybody!

Ilsa Edited Response: In that case, I'm not coming.

Hoo Ha Guy Edited Response: If she's not coming, I'm not coming. And that's final!

You (the Host):  Louis, this looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship.



---------------------------------------------
Not Yet Responded: (1)

Signor Ugarte

1 comment: